Friday, March 23, 2007

The Bible Experience

Jeff Holton has reviewed The Bible Experience, perhaps the best dramatic recording of the Bible ever produced. I've listened to what I could download for free and it is very good. Jeff states:
The Bible Experience is definitely THE best audio production of the Bible PERIOD. It is an entertaining and captivating dramatization of the Bible.
From what I have heard of a number of recordings of various Bible versions, I would agree with Jeff.

Stephen Shields at Emergesque also has blogged about The Bible Experience and "thoroughly enjoying" listening to it

The Bible version read in The Bible Experience is the TNIV. Click here to read more about it.

3 comments:

anonymous said...

So, you weren't bothered by the way 2 to 4 minute Gospel songs were inserted between some verses in the Epistles?

Wayne Leman said...

Anonymous asked:

So, you weren't bothered by the way 2 to 4 minute Gospel songs were inserted between some verses in the Epistles?

It's been some time since I listened to the audio files. I don't remember hearing those gospel songs. Maybe I didn't listen to all the files. Or maybe I have selective hearing.

:-)

anonymous said...

Sorry, my error -- I was referring to the full recording and not just the parts one can download. It is hardly surprising that Zondervan would make the most dramatic and best acted portions of the recordings available as a teaser -- rather than the more difficult to dramatize Epistles. The latter were jazzed up by inserting gospel songs -- I do not know of any other Bible narration that made this choice.